Are you newly in Love?
Or do you still feel in love like the first day? Then surprise your one and only with a romantic holiday at Villa Desiree in Egg close to the Lake Faaker See that shimmers in shades of turquoise blue.
Start your day with breakfast relaxing in the hotel’s own restaurant or (if the weather permits) under the rippling shade of our beautiful wisteria on our sun terrace.
Go for a boat ride on the Lake Faaker See and let yourself be enchanted watching the play of light and colours of the sunset.
Spend some romantic evenings with a glass of wine at our cosy fireplace lounge.
Let us treat you with tasty culinary delights or serve you a candlelight dinner at our indoor pool.
More romantic Holiday Tips…
Bicycle Tours, Hiking Tours, Guided Mountain Tours
Discover the beauty of the nature and surroundings close to Lake Faaker See. Villa Desiree is an ideal starting point for walks through forests, over meadows and fields. Relax yourself at dreamlike resting places along the way. Enjoy the the fresh air and the beautiful panoramic view.
- Walking Tours along the Alpine Road
- The Carinthian Tour Guide – Hiking Maps App for iPhone, iPad and Andriod
- Guided Hiking Tours
- Forest Ropes Park Taborhöhe
- Gondola Rides at the Gerlitzen Mountain Range
- Mountain Climbing guided by the Alpine School Vierjahreszeiten
- Nature Park Dobratsch
- Shipping at the Drau River between the Cities Villach and Wernberg
- Read more about destinations and attractions to enjoy…
Sporting Activities along Lake Faaker See
Book a room at Hotel Villa Desiree and you will receive free and unlimited access to the public beaches a Lake Faaker See.
Use the bicycles (belonging to our hotel) for a tour through the enchanting Drautal Valley and explore the wonderful natural surrounding of Lake Faaker See.
In the near surrounding of Hotel Villa Desiree you will find a Ball Games Centre, a Boats Rental and Horse Ranches.
- Lake Beach at Lake Faaker See
- National Sport and Leisure Centre at Lake Faaker See
- Thermal Indoor Pool Warmbad Villach
- Activity Centre Arneitz at Lake Faaker See
- Kayak Centre at Lake Faaker See
- Windsurf and Sailing School at Lake Faaker See
- Archery Centre at Lake Faaker See
- Tennis, Soccer and Beach Volleyball at Lake Faaker See
- Bicycles Rent at Lake Faaker See
Winter Holidays at the Ski Resort closte to Lake Faaker See
You can reach the ski resorts Gerlitzen, Kranjska Gora and Tarvisio within twenty minutes by car. The Lake Aichwaldsee at the base of the Mountin Mittagskogels covers an area of about three hectares and is one of the first Lakes in Carinthian that freezes up in winter. Therefore it becomes a centre of attraction for ice skaters and hockey players of all ages.
Please feel free to contact us. We would be pleased to inform you about more attractions/ excursions.
Events around Lake Faaker See
There is much to experience during your stay at Lake Faaker See! Numerous Events around the Lake offersall kinds of leisure activities and culinary delicacies.
The region offers everything the heart desires- there is someting for everyone.
- Faaker Farmers Market (Bauernmark) with traditional artisany and culinary delights from all over the region
- Drobollacher Wirtefest (Tavern Keeper Festival) with delicious dishes, Music and Shows
- Traditional Drobollacher Kirchtagswoche
- European Bikeweek
- Internationales Cabriotreffen (Cabrio Convention) at Faak
- Internationaler Faakerseelauf (Race Event)
- Internationaler Faakersee Triathlon
- Children’s Aquathlon
Visit Villach, Congress Destination and City of Culture
It will you take only 8 minutes by car to reach the city Villach where numerous cultural and traditional events awaits you. For example you could visit the annually occurring Carnival Villacher Fasching or the traditional festival Villacher Kirchtag.
The Advent is the time of old customs. Next to the beautiful Advent markets you will hardly find a more traditional custom than the running of the fur covered beasts, the so called “Krampus” or “Perchten” – half animal, half human – strolling and roaring through the villages accompanied by the sounds of bells.
Discover the natural beauty and art treasures of Carinthia by visiting one of our numerous museums or take a stroll through the charming historical town of Villach with its beautiful streets, local shops and welcoming cafes and bars.